So you have a music degree, that’s amazing
Just cut me some slack, I have practically no musical training. This is just a hobby. I love to improve and learn more about the orchestra, but I make the sort of music I want to. I’m open for critique, but be nicer to us less privileged aspiring musicians.
I don’t want to stick woodwinds in every song I make.
I want to give it big drums, I like big drums.
I want to have a catchy melody with a simple composition.
I can’t write music by throwing a bouncy ball at the piano.
I don’t need to have a creative license to write music. Why would anyone say that?
I don’t want to conform to the ‘proper’ way of doing things, I want to try new things.
41 Notes/ Hide
- volancia likes this
- paleosteno likes this
- progressivemoondoctor likes this
- brysaysstuff reblogged this from makkon and added:
- brysaysstuff likes this
- ask-changeling likes this
- septiphadrean likes this
- tw0t0ne likes this
- emkaymlp likes this
- shatteredclocks likes this
- gamerboy385 reblogged this from makkon and added:
- gamerboy385 likes this
- pustulioooooo likes this
- proffbroff likes this
- sylvire likes this
- factorymanagement likes this
- qjessee likes this
- markinglifestyle likes this
- raynstrom reblogged this from makkon and added:
- soaringflight likes this
- raynstrom likes this
- martwhim likes this
- abraxasethon likes this
- facexplodie likes this
- fiasko0 likes this
- psescape said:True enough. But a person with a more extensive body of knowledge can often point you to things you aren’t aware of. As long as they’re not being all high-and-mighty or arrogant about it. It’s really more about human decency.
- shadowovermars likes this
- likonan likes this
- missrinachan likes this
- dr-dissonance said:Is this addressed to me? I don’t recall being mean, unless it was by accident…
- oliverlccartwright likes this
- acracebest likes this
- railyx likes this
- ask-rainbowjack likes this
- papercutftw likes this
- sogreatandpowerful said:as long as your aesthetic carries its own internal consistency — which from what i’ve heard, certainly does — no one can use the structures of a formal theory to criticize you
- sketchy-replies likes this
- sogreatandpowerful likes this
- ask-twi likes this
- funbagnapkin said:Music talent is still talent even if you don’t have a “Degree”. If someone thinks otherwise, I have a couple of feet ready to find their asses.
- zoe-skye said:Is someone giving you a hard time?
- sinyk likes this
- foreignersguide likes this
- makkon posted this